In the Beginning:
Crown Cape Center is located within the original boundaries of Laguna Niguel Corporation Commercial, Industrial park of Laguna Niguel, County of Orange, California. During construction of Crown Cape Center its owners applied for a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) which would allow other types businesses within the Business Center. Upon approval from the County of Orange the Conditional Use Permit (CUP) allows for other uses besides Commercial & Industrial Businesses. The following Uses are allowed in Crown Cape Center; these include:
- Contractor's Offices
- Eating Establishments (with or without alcoholic beverages)
- Employment Agencies
- Financial Services
- Industrial & Engineering Supplies
- Industrial Vocational Schools
- Janitorial Services
- Office Furniture, Equipment & Supplies
- Printing & Copy Services & Supplies
- Office Furniture, Equipment, and Supplies (Retail Sales)
- Printing and Copying (Service & Supplies)
- Repair & Maintenance Services
- Electronics Products Store
- Ancillary Retail Sales of Goods Manufactured or Wholesaled on the site
- Sales areas, showrooms, and similar areas devoted to the retail sales of goods shall not exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of the gross floor area of any building area devoted to the manufactures, wholesale, and retail sales of such goods located on the same building site.
The Growing Years:
On November 15, 2011, the Laguna Niguel City Council adopted a comprehensive update to the Laguna Niguel Gateway Specific Plan to provide for up to 2,994 residential units and 2.26 million square feet of retail, office, entertainment, hotel and other non-residential uses resulting in 28% fewer average daily trips than would have been generated under the previously approved 1999 Gateway Specific Plan. It allows existing businesses to remain, but will serve as a guide for the private market to attract and develop new land uses that will gradually transition the Gateway area into an attractive and desirable transit and pedestrian-oriented urban village where people live, work, shop, are entertained and recreate.
The Gateway Specific Plan includes the approximate 315-acre area along Crown Valley Parkway, Cabot and Forbes Roads, bounded by Interstate 5, San Joaquin Hills Transportation Corridor, and the City limits to the north and south.
Where we're going:
Crown Cape Center is a part of the new "Multi-Use" zoning that was adopted within the new Gateway Specific Plan. The Center expects to grow and modernize as the Gateway Specific Plan expansion develops around Crown Cape Center. We’ve submitted our application to the City of Laguna Niguel for the rezoning of our center to “Mixed Use”, this will open the door for a larger variety of businesses in our center; please stay tuned for updates!